Monthly EV Fuel Cost Comparison



     Great news!  It looks like the average savings per mile over the winter is going to stay around $0.061 per mile.  Electricity for the Bolt is turning out to be really nice savings over the cost of gasoline.  In four months, the fuel savings is $587.85!   Just as a reminder, this comparison is made with a Ford Taurus which averaged 26 miles per gallon while I drove it.  That's pretty good mileage for a really excellent car. 
      The Bolt continues to be rock steady in its performance and I still love driving it. Our power provider WFEC, recently held an EV segment as a part of a recent short conference and there was a ride and drive event that afternoon.  There were 11 cars that took part in the event including 3 Teslas, (the high end ones), several Nissan Leafs, several Chevy Bolts and a couple of Chevy Volts, the hybrid Chevy with a small gas engine as well as batteries.
     The folks who drove our Bolt were quite impressed with the ride and especially the acceleration and the regenerative braking.  I got a ride in one of the Teslas.  OHH MYY Gosh!  For people who have and wish to spend over $110K for their dream car, the Tesla is special!  I'll never own a new one but it isn't because I don't love the car.  I just believe MY money is better spent elsewhere, like on my grandkids.  Don't hate on me, that's just my opinion. (I'll just borrow a friend's Tesla, while he watches my grandkids.)
     The acceleration of the Tesla is something to behold.  They say it is the equivalent of an 800 HP engine and I believe it.  It felt like Mr. Freeze at Six Flags.  I left my stomach and my rear at the intersection for 2 seconds before they decided to catch up!  By that time we were hitting 60 miles per hour!  In just under 3 seconds!  Maybe a used one someday? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Thing Really Kicks Gas

Cold Windy Day, Less Driving Capacity

Salt Lake City - Drive to Connect