First Month Fuel Numbers

Not Too Bad!

Okay, I've got the first month's fuel numbers to show you and they were really very good.  We were a little skeptical at first, but as promised, electricity cost a little less than 1/3 of the gasoline costs for our former Strategic Planning car.

First, I know I showed you the future look of our little car in a previous post, but we've since had the actual wrap put on the car.  It looks great! Check it out.

 


For the month of November, I drove a total of 2149 miles with a total consumption of 704 kWhs.  Using CKenergy's geothermal rate, my electric bill was $302.92.  Without the car's kWhs, my bill would have been $242.37.  Therefore, my electric cost for 2149 miles worth of fuel was $302.92 minus $242.37 or $60.55. 

My former car was a Ford Taurus which averaged 26.2 mpg.  If I had driven 2149 at 26.2 mpg and $2.39 per gallon of gasoline, I would have spent $196.03 for fuel.

The difference for November was $135.48...SAVINGS!

Okay, that's just one month, and in all fairness, there are a few cons which I will address in the next post.  I said we'd give you the good and the bad as we move forward.  Until then, here's hoping you'll never drive through high water in an electric vehicle!  Cheers.

Comments

  1. First - Thanks for your blog and update of your EV experience. Second - once you start doing this over multiple months, adding a table to show data will be helpful. Thanks, Jim Sayers, Corn Belt Power Cooperative (Iowa)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Thing Really Kicks Gas

Cold Windy Day, Less Driving Capacity

Salt Lake City - Drive to Connect